Master construction math like a pro with this free and easy app. It handles feet and inches, and is loaded with step by step functions like rafters, stairs, and squaring up.
The most common type of dimension used by construction professionals is formatted in feet, inches, and fractions. It looks like this: 25′ 8 ½”, and its read like “twenty-five feet eight and one half inch”. This is the same as 308 ½”, it is better not to do this. To get numbers on the display:
- Start with feet and then follow immediately with the feet symbol ( ‘ ).
- Proceed with the inches, and again, immediately follow with the inch symbol ( ” ).
- The calculator is now ready to accept fractions.
- Enter the top number of the fraction and follow it with the divisor ( / ).
- Finally, enter the bottom number.